AGENDA FOR July 11, 2011 MEETING
7:00 – 8:30 PM Joslyn Park Community Room –
note we’re back to our old location!
All ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION. ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE MEETING CHAIR 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
PUBLIC PARTICIPATION IN DISCUSSION IS WELCOME. ONLY DIRECTORS MAY VOTE ON ISSUES BEFORE OPA.
TO FACILITATE AN EFFICIENT AND RESPECTFUL DISCUSSION, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL CALLED UPON BY THE MEETING CHAIR BEFORE SPEAKING.
NOTICED BOARD MEMBER ABSENCES: None
Presentation by Marilyn Amiache, of the SMPD, who is taking over for Scott Pace as our SMPD Neighborhood Resource officer, will introduce herself and briefly describe the function of a neighborhood resource officer (25 min.)
7:00 to 8:30 PM REGULAR MONTHLY MEETING
1. Introduction to OPA (Ludwinski - 1 minute)
3. Actions taken since last Board meeting
4. Approval of minutes from June Board meeting; see Attachment 1
5. Information about proposed ATT wireless facility at 3110 Main Street (Vince Radziki 15 minutes)
6. Events (especially Parade recap) Committee status (Nafshun 10 min.)
7. Treasurer’s report (Godon-Tann 10 min.)
8. Membership report (Huq, 5 min.)
9. SMO Airport update (Perrone 5 min.)
10. Neighborhood survey status action item (Taylor, 5 min.)
11. Proposed policy on membership-wide email blasts; see Attachment 4 (Ludwinski, 5 min.)
12. Future agenda items
Attachment 2 - Policy for email blasts
Respecting our members’ busy lives and limited time availability, we endeavor to limit our email to only those considerations that are most important and worthy of their attention. It is therefore our policy to restrict all-membership emailing to the following purposes:
1) Notification of official OPA meetings
2) Notification of important pending business that is coming before a City Commission or the City Council that affects Ocean Park and that is to occur prior to the next OPA Board meeting
3) Provision of factual information aimed at educating the membership regarding upcoming ballot initiatives
4) Relaying of local government announcements, including transportation-related concerns, that are deemed of general interest to our membership
5) Conduct of membership business
6) By specific direction of the OPA Board